Here are the answers for today's handout. Study it for a quiz the next time we meet.
- Shot Number on Shot Number.
- Description goes only on the line marked Description.
- Words that characters say go in the section marked Dialogue.
- If the dialogue won't fit in the blank, draw a down arrow and continue it in the next shot.
- Never write words that a character says under his or her name.
- If you say it's a full shot, storyboard a full shot. Make sure your drawings are correct.
- Don't just whiz through the assignment to get it done. Think where would be the most dramatic camera placement to capture your audience's attention. Use angles that tell the story visually, and break actions down into steps.
- Avoid profile shots. We almost always want to see the characters' faces.
- If there is walking or movement, what path will your character follow through the room? Where will the camera be?