I'd like to look ahead at our last project together, since we'll only have a few days before the end of the term. Here's how I did it with my seventh and eighth graders, but we'll have to shorten it a bit for sixth grade since we meet every other day.
- Compare an original fairy tale with its Disney remake. How was it changed for the screen? Which version do you prefer, and why?
- Compare any book, short story, comic or graphic novel to its movie version. How was it changed for the screen? Which version do you prefer, and why?
Here's the video that shows you how it's done. Be sure to take notes, and we'll have an open-note quiz the next time we meet. What I would like you to do today is this:
- Decide with your group which story you would like to talk about, and let the guest teacher know, so we don't have fifteen papers all on Snow White.
- Once that's done, start researching and see if you can find a source or two that you can paraphrase for your report. Not sure how to do this? Take a look below.
- Have a good weekend. See you soon!